Hybrid Air Vehicles' STEM Programme
Hybrid Air Vehicles Ltd actively supports the Government STEM Agenda
The Government’s aims, shared by all at Airlander, are to:
- change the way young people think about maths and science by raising awareness of the exciting and wide-ranging careers that studying these subjects can lead to
- increase participation in maths and science studies at age 16 and beyond, with an ambitious target to increase the number of students studying maths and physics at A level by 50% in 3 years
- increase the opportunities for all people, and particularly women, to pursue a wide range of careers that need skills in science, technology, engineering and maths.
For more information on local STEM initiatives please visit:
Apprenticeships at Hybrid Air Vehicles
Since 2015 we have been supporting two Level 3 Engineering apprentices as well as a Level 3 Business Administration apprentice, in partnership with Bedford College. To learn more about their story click here
If you are a school, please click here
for further information and resources about Airlander. This area includes images, video, data and information sheets for public use.
If you would like to be added to our monthly STEM Newletter, which has tips and information useful for bringing STEM subjects to life, then please contact us
. (Click here
to view an example.)
After engaging with a STEM Ambassador:
- pupils are 90% more likely to be interested in continuing to study STEM subjects
- 76% of pupils think that science is important for every day life (78% for Maths)
- more than 75% of teachers report that students have an increased awareness of STEM career and employment options
- 71% of teachers report their own understanding of STEM business and industry has increased.
Are you interested in becoming a STEM Ambassador?
We have a team of knowledgeable volunteers who travel to various schools and colleges across the UK to give lectures and run workshops about the Airlander. Do you think you are suited to join our team? If so, please contact us here
with the following details:
- What is your academic background?
- Where are you based in the UK?
- An up-to-date CV.
In return we offer one day of training and supporting material for your use. This is currently only open to UK residents and we require all volunteers to obtain STEMNET membership.